Direct to Card Printers/Encoders
Direct to Card (DTC) printing uses dye-sublimation and resin thermal transfer technologies to print sharp, clear, colorful images directly onto the surface of the plastic ID card.
- High-volume performance – Built for organizations requiring robust, high-volume printing every day. Standard features include high-capacity ribbon supplies and dualinput
card hoppers that allow for maximum card input
capacity and management of multiple card types.
- Maximum security –Optional single- or dual-sided
simultaneous lamination offers enhanced card security
- Highly versatile – The modular design allows
organizations to build upon their investment by adding field-upgradable modules, such as dual-sided printing and technology card encoding.
The versatility of the DTC4500 is unsurpassed from loyalty cards to sophisticated access cards with embedded electronics. Empowered by an extremely robust and highly-reliable print engine, this high-volume printer delivers speed, power and versatility rolled into one. It produces ID cards using two different printing
methods: dye-sublimation for vivid colors and accurate photographic images and resin thermal transfer for
sharp black text and bar codes that can be easily read by infrared or visible light scanners.
High capacity ribbons enable the DTC4500 to print twice as many full color cards than most printers before
the ribbon has to be changed, providing continuous high quality-card printing and encoding. DTC4500 offers additional field-upgradable options for migration to higher levels of security and other
secure issuance requirements in the future, including:Take advantage of the built-in and optional features that suit your business:
- Optional card lamination for applying overlaminates to produce high-secure cards that resist forgery and
increase card durability; and unique, dual-sided simultaneous lamination also saves time with increased throughput.
- Dual-sided printing module provides more space for card holder information and security features like duplicate photo and digital-signature
- Technology encoding modules encode data for magnetic stripe, proximity, contact and/or contactless technology cards, such as iCLASS®, for access control or other applications
The DTC4500 combines a high level of security with the convenience to easily print what you need, including:
- Built-in security with password-protected printer operation and fluorescent panel printing for a cost effective and dynamic increase in card security.
- SmartScreen™ graphical display provides easy-to-follow prompts to be sure you’ll always know the status of the printer.
- Standard dual-input card hopper for increased capacity and managing more then one card type at once.
- Easy integration into existing IT infrastructures through the built-in Ethernet and USB connection, allowing for centralized or remote ID card issuance.
- Industry’s first inline card printing and technology card encoding with one connection using USB or Ethernet connectivity.
- Fully compatible with Asure ID® card personalization software for badge design, database management and technology card encoding.